New user Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I installed Windows 7 but it appears to operate just like Vista I had. I don't see how to pin programs to the task bar. When I do a search for pinning or just lists no results found. When I have 2 things open I can't snap them together. Even when I press the start button there are no program displayed until I press "all programs" Looks like a mess to me!
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 2:02 PM

Answers

• PINNING PROGRAMS TO THE TASKBAR AND CREATE JUMP LISTS FROM FOLDERS/FILES
    Click the Windows Orb (Start) > All Programs, navigate to the program, right-click it, and then click Pin to Taskbar. Also, folders and files can be pinned to their respective programs by dragging them to the pinned program then clicking the pushpin. To open them, right-click the pinned program and select the one you want, e.g. a spreadsheet.

To unpin an item, point to it, click the pushpin icon and then click Unpin from this list. To remove an item from the list, right-click it and then click Remove from this list.

DOCKING WINDOWS
    Win Key+Left = Dock to left
    Win Key+Right =Dock to right
    Or Dock a window by dragging it left or right until the mouse pointer is at the edge of the screen
    Or right-click the Taskbar > Show windows side by side and Undo Show side by side.

To Minimize or Maximize all windows except the ‘current’ one, simply grab it at the top (depress and hold down left mouse button), shake it from side to side and the other windows will Minimize. Shake it again to Maximize them.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 7:19 PM

All replies

• Just drag the icon to the bar, or highlite the icon, right click and select pin to bar.

You can also pin to the start menu 
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:10 PM
  • PINNING PROGRAMS TO THE TASKBAR AND CREATE JUMP LISTS FROM FOLDERS/FILES
    Click the Windows Orb (Start) > All Programs, navigate to the program, right-click it, and then click Pin to Taskbar. Also, folders and files can be pinned to their respective programs by dragging them to the pinned program then clicking the pushpin. To open them, right-click the pinned program and select the one you want, e.g. a spreadsheet.

To unpin an item, point to it, click the pushpin icon and then click Unpin from this list. To remove an item from the list, right-click it and then click Remove from this list.

DOCKING WINDOWS
    Win Key+Left = Dock to left
    Win Key+Right =Dock to right
    Or Dock a window by dragging it left or right until the mouse pointer is at the edge of the screen
    Or right-click the Taskbar > Show windows side by side and Undo Show side by side.

To Minimize or Maximize all windows except the ‘current’ one, simply grab it at the top (depress and hold down left mouse button), shake it from side to side and the other windows will Minimize. Shake it again to Maximize them.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 7:19 PM