What is the difference between System Center Advisor and MAP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

What is the difference between System Center Advisor and MAP, because I read the next sentence on the internet:

SCA is an online service that analyzes installations of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (and later versions), Windows Server 2008 (and later versions), and Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:35 PM

Answers

• MAP is for doing inventory and assessment on your current environment, i.e. when migrating operating system, migrating to the cloud, consolidating server roles.

System Center Advisor is like you state a monitoring service in the cloud that you can use to monitor the health of your Windows and SQL servers.

Blogging about Windows for IT pros at www.theexperienceblog.com
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:46 PM
  • In addition, SC Advisor checks your server's configurations and advises you if it sees any potential problems. MAP will provide information for planning migrations to the latest version (i.e. Windows 7, Server 2008 R2, etc.), consolidating physical to virtual machiens, Azure capacity planning, usage tacking, or if you simply want to discover what you have in your environment.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:56 PM

All replies

• MAP is for doing inventory and assessment on your current environment, i.e. when migrating operating system, migrating to the cloud, consolidating server roles.

System Center Advisor is like you state a monitoring service in the cloud that you can use to monitor the health of your Windows and SQL servers.

Blogging about Windows for IT pros at www.theexperienceblog.com
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:46 PM
  • In addition, SC Advisor checks your server's configurations and advises you if it sees any potential problems. MAP will provide information for planning migrations to the latest version (i.e. Windows 7, Server 2008 R2, etc.), consolidating physical to virtual machiens, Azure capacity planning, usage tacking, or if you simply want to discover what you have in your environment.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:56 PM