none
Getting crawled properties in search results. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to search a database table called Products that has the columns ProductName, Product Code,Keyword,Description and Vendor. Hence I created a BCS, crawled this BCS and searched for a keyword. Am getting search results in a very raw format, understand I need to format the display of search results for which I need to edit the xsl in the search results web part.

Before that I guess I would need to create managed properties for ProductName, Product Code,Keyword and Vendor by mapping them to appropriate crawled properties. This is where I need help.
    My understanding is after I crawl the BCS I should be getting additional crawled properties each for ProductName, Product Code,Keyword,Description and Vendor.Where can I see these properties getting created? Will it be available in the FAST Search Content SSA - Managed Properties page? I dont see any additional crawled properties. Let me know if am going in the right direction.

Only if am successful in mapping the new crawled properties with the managed properties I would be able to display them in the search results, correct?

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 1:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Cutloo,

All crawled properties created by BCS are at the category "Business Data".

You can go the FAST Query SSA -> FAST Search Administration -> Crawled Properties Categories,

or use the power shell commands:

$cat = Get-FASTSearchMetadataCategory -name "Business Data"

$cat.GetAllCrawledProperties()

Do notice the naming convention, it is fully associated with the names given to the BCS model / LOB system names / function names.

Amir

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:02 AM
  • Hi Cutloo,

Once you give a FULL crawl for first time for BCS source,you can see all the crawled properties under FAST Query SSA-> FAST search administration->Managed properties->

Create the respected managed properties and map it to the desired crawl properties. Once you are done with the mapping ,do another full crawl to create the new index and then you can modify the search core results webpart xslt.

Regards, Pradeep

Friday, September 14, 2012 5:47 AM
    • Edited by Ivan Bilokon Friday, September 14, 2012 12:15 PM
    Friday, September 14, 2012 12:12 PM
  • Hi,

Yes i tried the same what pradeepkumar has mentioned but can anyone say what to be modified in the search core results webpart xslt.

Regards,

Ananth.R

Ananth

Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:36 AM