iaStor.sys 0xc0000359 Error MDT 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Can't get around this error, can someone help.

Hardware: Lenovo desktop M90p 3282 model

File: \Windows\system32\Drivers\iaStor.sys

I'm trying to push Windows 7 x64 Pro.

I'm running MDT 2010 and I have created a separate Out-of-the-Box driver folder for x64 systems.  Under selection profiles I made sure only that models drivers are being used for 64bit systems.

I have downloaded the latest version on the intel matrix storage driver from both Lenovo and Intel.  Updated my deploymentshare and tried the install (which of course fails).  These are the 64 bit versions of the drivers not the 32bit.  I deleted all drivers out of the OOB location and added them back making sure the correct drivers are being loaded.  No luck.  Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Friday, January 28, 2011 4:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue occurs due to the incorrect version of the iastor is referenced.

To resolve this issue perform the following steps:

1. Access Driver Repository Folder under C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and move any folders that contain the file: iastor.inf to a temporary location.

Note: To move the files from the FileRepostiry you may require additional permissions which can be accomplished by taking ownership of the the folder:

Right-click on the folder and choose Properties,
    Click Security tab.
    Click Advanced button.
    Click Owner tab.
    Click Edit button.
    Select your account.
    2. Search for references to iastor within the oem inf files in the c:\windows\inf folder.

Example Command: findstr /i /c:"iastor" %windir%/inf/oem*.inf

3. Make a note of the oem##.inf files reported where ## is a numeral.  Move the oem##.inf and corresponding oem##.pnf from c:\windows\inf folder to a temporary folder.

4. Delete $~bt, $~LS and $~Upgrade folders from c:\ drive if they exist

5. Download and install the latest version of the iastor.sys driver from Intel website on the Vista machine: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=17882&lang=eng

6. Start the Windows 7 upgrade process. It should complete successfully now.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 5:56 AM

All replies

• //
    // MessageId: STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_WIN_32
    //
    // MessageText:
    //
    // The specified image file did not have the correct format, it appears to be a 32-bit Windows image.
    //
    #define STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_WIN_32      ((NTSTATUS)0xC0000359 L)

Try this:

http://osman-shener-en.blogspot.com/2009/11/mdt-windows-64-bit-iastorsys-0xc0000359.html

http://jasonmlee.net/archives/183

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Friday, January 28, 2011 9:47 PM
  • I have looked and tried each suggestion on both of those sites.  I have even excluded the iaStor.sys from OOB and let Windows use it's own driver to finish the install.  All 3 failed with the same error.
    Monday, January 31, 2011 3:05 PM
  • Hi,

This issue occurs due to the incorrect version of the iastor is referenced.

To resolve this issue perform the following steps:

1. Access Driver Repository Folder under C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and move any folders that contain the file: iastor.inf to a temporary location.

Note: To move the files from the FileRepostiry you may require additional permissions which can be accomplished by taking ownership of the the folder:

Right-click on the folder and choose Properties,
    Click Security tab.
    Click Advanced button.
    Click Owner tab.
    Click Edit button.
    Select your account.
    2. Search for references to iastor within the oem inf files in the c:\windows\inf folder.

Example Command: findstr /i /c:"iastor" %windir%/inf/oem*.inf

3. Make a note of the oem##.inf files reported where ## is a numeral.  Move the oem##.inf and corresponding oem##.pnf from c:\windows\inf folder to a temporary folder.

4. Delete $~bt, $~LS and $~Upgrade folders from c:\ drive if they exist

5. Download and install the latest version of the iastor.sys driver from Intel website on the Vista machine: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=17882&lang=eng

6. Start the Windows 7 upgrade process. It should complete successfully now.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 5:56 AM