none
Software Center not working after SCCM Client update from 5.00.8540.1007 to 5.00.8540.1611 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I Installed the 1706 Hotfix Rollup some days ago with luckily a pre-production client collection. The systems in this collection updated to 5.00.8540.1611 but now they can't open the Software Center. If i install the new client with a Task Sequence it does work.

    The error is general (i had to translate from dutch):

    Software Center can't be opened. There is a problem with loading specific components for Software Center. You can try to start Software Center at a later time. Get in contact with the helpdesk if the problem persists.

    Any ideas?

    Regards,

    DJITS.

    Thank you all for replying. A repair of the client seems to fix my issue.
    • Edited by DJITS Thursday, November 16, 2017 12:44 PM New insight
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:48 PM

All replies

  • I've seen the same issue on some clients. It seems that ConfigMgr client upgrade scheduled task doesn't always upgrade the client correctly. As a workaround, you can re-install the client using client push.

    Panu 

    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:42 PM
  • Hi,

    Please check the ccmsetup.log and client.msi.log for more details.

    Also, you could see the execmgr.log.



    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.



    • Edited by Yuxiang Shi Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:30 AM
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:25 AM
  • Hi,

    Do you solved the issue?

    I saw the similar issue a moment ago, some clients had upgraded to version 1611 with no error, others had not upgraded (version 1008) with the same error, after a moment the error disappears automatically.

    It may be a temporary issue or different with mine.
    Please check the ccmsetup.log (e.g. image)

    Hope it is helpful.


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    • Proposed as answer by Yuxiang Shi Friday, December 1, 2017 3:03 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Yuxiang Shi Friday, December 15, 2017 9:40 AM
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:40 AM
  • @Yuxiang Shi, for the screen shot that you shared, there isn't an error for that machine. The machine received auto-upgrade policy and it was already past the upgrade deadline, it used default 1 day as the randomization period and created the upgrade scheduler task. The upgrade hasn't started yet.

    @DJITS, is the issue resolved? If not, can you email me logs from %windir%\ccmsetup\logs & %windir%\ccm\logs? Thanks

    Friday, December 15, 2017 8:45 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

    Yes our issue is resolved. Either by repairing the client or just by updating to the last version, now 5.00.8577.1003.

    Regards,

    DJITS

    Friday, December 15, 2017 9:38 AM
  • Thanks DJITS. Came across another thread today and it reminded me a Windows bug that could bust the ccmexec service. Ccm client repair or upgrade will fix the problem but essentially it's an OS bug. As you said repair/upgrade fixed it, I'm wondering if it's the same thing.

    If you saw it again, you can open an elevated command prompt, then run sc.exe qc ccmexec. If there were junk characters at DEPENDENCIES instead of winmgmt, it's that problem. To fix it, run sc.exe configure ccmexec depend= winmgmt. Then the ccmexec can start and the UI should work.

    Monday, December 18, 2017 6:19 PM