drop down menu option RRS feed

• Question

• hi. i am very new to sharepoint design so this may be an easy fix. 

I have been tasked with creating a call out database. At the moment the plan is to have a basic web page which will display a table with 5 columns. The first column will display the team function. i then want the other four columns to expand depending on the function you select. Any ideas?

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:54 PM

All replies

• Here was my initial question in the microsoft answer page which pointed me to this site to get answers:-

Using SharePoint 2007 i want to create a list of pages. The structure i want is as follows:-

Page 1 - Front page. This will have a number of option (potentially 5). These will be "banner boxes" that the user clicks to go into the next screen they want.

Page 2-5 - These will be the pages linked off the front page. Basically what i want is a table or database to be displayed. This table will have 5 columns. When the page is first opened though i only want it to show the first column, then when the user selects the entry they want it expands the other columns for that row. Also each page is going to show similar details just in a different format. Is there a way to create a single database that links into this?

Page 6 - Within the second column of pages 2-5 will be a link to the next page for that entry. This will be a calendar which i can create. However this creates with the quick links on the left and i do not want this.

Any help with any points will be really appreciated. I have some test pages to do the work on so am able to test different approaches.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 7:22 AM
  • Create application page with custom code for this.

Deploy it under layout directory.

Retrive data using caml query and then apply conditions and events based on populated dataset/datatable through query.

Best Regards,

Avinash Devkate.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:10 AM
  • I only have the option to create a basic page, Web part page, or sites and workspaces page.

I have managed to create something that looks ok using a custom list then using the preview pane style. However do you know if there is a way to amend the locked fixed item that always appears as the preview pane to hover over?

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:17 AM