none
Send/Reviece Not Working

Question

• Hello.

I tried to help my boss fix a problem with his Outlook. But I only made things worse. I would really, really, appreciate some help.

Basically, all I did to my bosses computer was remove some Outlook Data Files from his Outlook via Account Settings. But now, he is having major issues with the "Outlook Send/Receive" function. Firstly, my boss is using Subscription 365 Outlook 2016. He has an IMAP account and is using two PCs to manage his emails. We are very sure that this problem is not due to the amount of emails he has on his account.

I will now explain the problem:

1. I open Outlook (Good)
    2. I receive the most recent emails (Good)
    3. Outlook starts to sync subscribed folders. I see this in the “Send/Receive” loading bar at the bottom right of my window. (Good)
    4. The “Send/Receive” Progress bar hangs at 99.99999999% indefinitely (Bad).
    5. When I click on the “Send/Receive” Progress bar, a window opens. It again shows it 99.99999% complete. I am given no indication as to how much time is “Remaining.” (Bad).
    6. This goes on forever. If I try to send an email, expect to receive an email, or save an email as a draft, either A) nothing happens, or B )  Office crashes (Bad).

I will now explain all that I have tried:

1. Putting the Outlook Datafiles back the way it was
    2. Doing a system restore to the day before the problems started. (For some reason, Windows was not able to complete the restore).
    3. Repair the pst file via Scanpst.exe
    4. Repair the pst file through Outlook via File>AccountsSetting>AccountSettings>Repair
    5. Repair all of Office 2016 via Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
    6. Create a new Outlook Data File.

NONE of these have worked… Im concerned about my job security. So any help would be incredibly appreciated.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 1:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Weiss,

Have you tried to create a new Outlook Profile? Please try the following steps for further troubleshooting:

1. Go to Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add, then setup this problematic account by using Auto Account Setup in new profile. Set "When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile: Prompt for a profile to be used". Use this new profile and confirm if the issue can be fixed.
    2. For IMAP account, click File>Accounts Setting>Account Settings, double-click the account, click More Settings > Advanced tab, under Folders, type Inbox next to Root folder path.
    3. Using the Office Configuration Analyzer Tool to scan Outlook: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2970771/fix-sending-or-receiving-problems-in-outlook-by-using-the-office-configuration-analyzer-tool

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 24, 2017 2:49 AM
  • Thank. Yes. I tried that. Someone from Microsoft Tech Support helped me. Im still getting the issue... I feel like it might have to do with the thousands of email my boss has. His PC is trying to sync them, and is not able to handle it... I try to tell Outlook to not sync his trash folder, but it wont allow that.
    Friday, March 24, 2017 12:17 PM
  • Thank. Yes. I tried that. Someone from Microsoft Tech Support helped me. Im still getting the issue... I feel like it might have to do with the thousands of email my boss has. His PC is trying to sync them, and is not able to handle it... I try to tell Outlook to not sync his trash folder, but it wont allow that.

Hi Weiss,

How is going on about the issue?

Please check if your Boss's mailbox is too large, we can set the Sync sliders for the mailbox in New Outlook profile: Click File > Account Settings > Account Settings, double-click this IMAP account, set Mail to keep offline shorter:

Additionally, if this problematic IMAP account is a Microsoft Account, it is recommended to use the Auto Account Setup to reconfigure this account as Exchange account for better practice.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:04 AM