Cannot change Service Provider Gateway Server RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,
    I would like to ask you how can I solve this problem. I used ROM and customer used Essentials in service provider mode to connect to my Gateway server. Then I had to change gateway server (on service provider side) and have new one. This new gateway server have different name but the same Management Group name. So I stopped service provider mode in customer site. I wanted to start this mode again but when I write management group name (its same) the essentials server always use the previous gateway name and cannot connect (of course:-)) So I find that it really doesnt matter which operations manager management server name you use in service provider mode when you use same MG name. The Essentials Server remember previous gateway server for this group. So you write TEST management group and GWSRV2 (gateway server) and in Operations Manager log you can emmediatelly see errors that "Essentilas cannot connect to GWSRV1 server?!? Do you undersand it?:-)

Thank you very much for any response.

Jan Matejka

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 4:43 PM

Answers

• I have solved it.

On customer essentials server I open c:\Program Files\System Center Essentials 2007\Health Service State\Connector Configuration Cache and find folder with Service Provider management group name. There is xml folder OpsMgrConnector.config.xml. This file I backuped and deleted. Than I again switch SCE into SP mode and now it works. New file was created. So, there is a "cache".

Have a nice day

Jan Matejka

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:06 AM

All replies

• I have solved it.

On customer essentials server I open c:\Program Files\System Center Essentials 2007\Health Service State\Connector Configuration Cache and find folder with Service Provider management group name. There is xml folder OpsMgrConnector.config.xml. This file I backuped and deleted. Than I again switch SCE into SP mode and now it works. New file was created. So, there is a "cache".

Have a nice day

Jan Matejka

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:06 AM
  • Hi Jan,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It is helpful for the community members who will need the same operation.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:42 AM