Folder with Hidden files unable to remove or delete, read post... RRS feed

• Question

• I have a folder i am unable to move into, Although i can see the folder when i left click it i get the not accessible message.

I can click the folder and get properties, tells me 0 bytes for size and size on disk, although i can see there is 3gb in the folder using 3rd party program, also disk sizes dont add up hence when i want to cure this problem.

if i click security tab in properties i get the message "the requested security information is either unavailable or cant be displayed"  

I can delete the folder without any error message refresh and its still there, also have another folder with 2 pictures in it i can delete them refresh and still there.

Saturday, September 30, 2006 12:47 AM

Answers

•  

Check if your User Account Control (UAC) is on or not go to Control Panel>User Accounts and click on Turn user control on or off then check it "if not checked" so that you can get permissions to access file.

Good luck

Monday, October 2, 2006 9:09 PM

All replies

•  

Check if your User Account Control (UAC) is on or not go to Control Panel>User Accounts and click on Turn user control on or off then check it "if not checked" so that you can get permissions to access file.

Good luck

Monday, October 2, 2006 9:09 PM
  • Well here is the solution for free!!

1). check your local security policy in administrator tools in control panel, look for debug  program in right hand pane. see if your user name is in it if not add your name to policy.
    2). restart the system in safe mode
    3). log in with your user name

4). download the "solution" i have created, and follow the directions

http://www.uploading.com/files/DXMLJ6NC/solution.zip.html

email me: anil-itpro@hotmail.com if you are u r unable to download

Friday, December 29, 2006 6:36 AM
  • what folder are you trying to get to
    Friday, December 29, 2006 8:06 PM