defalut page layout used by the default.master page in moss 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello their,

i am to do some master page branding. Trying to change the look and feel of Moss 2007 default.master.

i would like to know which default page layout is used by the default.master in moss 2007.

please post the solution if you have worked on that, 

i appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,

• Moved by Entan MingModerator Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:55 AM Moss2007 (From:SharePoint 2010 - Using SharePoint Designer, Infopath, and other customization)
    Monday, April 16, 2012 6:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

deafult.master is a masterpage so it doesn't include any of the layouts.  If you want to customize your master page you can do it by opening default.master in Sharepoint Designer and do the customization there.........

Pages hierarchy in Sharepoint is as follows

MasterPages-->Page Layouts-->Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

deafult.master is a masterpage so it doesn't include any of the layouts.  If you want to customize your master page you can do it by opening default.master in Sharepoint Designer and do the customization there.........

Pages hierarchy in Sharepoint is as follows

MasterPages-->Page Layouts-->Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012 7:38 AM
  • I dont have publishing features installed in my MOSS.

i dont find Pagelayout path neighther in SharePoint site nor using SharePoint designer.

just want to know the connection between MasterPage-PageLayout-default.aspx

where can i find this default page layout used by default.master.

i need this to change the web part zones,

when i edit the default.aspx page currently left and right zones ,which i want to change.

please share your practical experiences on the same for customizing the look and feel.

Thanks in advance,

Thursday, May 3, 2012 7:17 AM