IDE controller issue with Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to do a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate on a 128G SSD, but I've also tried it on the 100G HDD original drive.   With both drives, the problem arises that Windows 7 does not recognize them, apparently due to the Promise SATA 378 IDE controller that's installed.   I'd like to know if there's an alternate driver or some kind of fix for this issue available, since I have about $700 worth of OS and SSD sitting here currently unuseable.
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 12:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my research, the latest Version of Promise SATA378 Driver is 1.00.0.26 which supports Windows 98SE/NT4.0/ME/2000/XP/2003. It indicates that there isn't any Windows 7 compatible SATA378 Driver realeased. It is recommended to contact manufaturer for support. Though I can't guarantee if it works, you can try to download the Windows XP driver from the following website.

Promise SATA378 Driver V1.00.0.26 (ATA Mode)

Please note: we provide 3rd party link to download driver for technical use. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn't guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.

BTW, I found some similiar issues:

Driver for Promise SATA378 TX2plus

Various issues with Windows 7 on an Asus P4P800E-Deluxe..

Best Regards
    Dale

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, December 7, 2009 1:55 AM
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 9:17 AM
  • Thanks for the assistance guys, but I ended up working around the issue.   Neglected to mention I was working with a Falcon NW desktop replacement model that has two HD's.   Since that is the case, I ended up configuring them in a striped RAID 0 and updating the driver, Windows 7 loaded without a problem after that.
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Sunday, December 27, 2009 11:00 AM
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 1:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, the latest Version of Promise SATA378 Driver is 1.00.0.26 which supports Windows 98SE/NT4.0/ME/2000/XP/2003. It indicates that there isn't any Windows 7 compatible SATA378 Driver realeased. It is recommended to contact manufaturer for support. Though I can't guarantee if it works, you can try to download the Windows XP driver from the following website.

Promise SATA378 Driver V1.00.0.26 (ATA Mode)

Please note: we provide 3rd party link to download driver for technical use. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn't guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.

BTW, I found some similiar issues:

Driver for Promise SATA378 TX2plus

Various issues with Windows 7 on an Asus P4P800E-Deluxe..

Best Regards
    Dale

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, December 7, 2009 1:55 AM
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 9:17 AM
  • Thanks for the assistance guys, but I ended up working around the issue.   Neglected to mention I was working with a Falcon NW desktop replacement model that has two HD's.   Since that is the case, I ended up configuring them in a striped RAID 0 and updating the driver, Windows 7 loaded without a problem after that.
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Sunday, December 27, 2009 11:00 AM
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 1:20 PM