none
Project Server 2010 - When I drill down in a project of a Project Center appears access denied RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My account belongs to default Administrator group. I published mysel a project and it appears in the Project Center, When I click on the project name appears the message "You are logged as <domain>\<username> and you are not allowed to access this page. Log on using another account or request permission. The same happens to all project managers members.

This problem was caused by domain migration of the Project Server, SharePoint and SQL Server, but both domains are alive and all resources using same AD GUID and passwords. Most of the features of PWA are working, but in some pages this happens.

Where should I look for to solve this problem? This is not a resource pool acount problem, but I think it is one of the web services accounts that are not aligned in both domains. Which service application that controls this feature of drill down?

Thank you.

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner
    Monday, April 18, 2011 7:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you verified that you have access to the Project Detail Page Document Library? When you click on a project in project center, PWA will try and load up the PDPs. If you don't have access, you would get that error.

Let us know how you go.

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 1:37 PM
  • HI,

This problem was solved with the help of Microsoft Premier Support.

When I migrated the Project Server from one domais to another, using both domain side by side, keeping same GUID and SID for all userrs in both domains we discvered more problems than I described above. The simptoms were:

From user's point of view

• When he or she tries to drill down Project Detail or BI page, appears a message that the account is invalid and need to use another account, even you have administrator rights. You can try to use the old or new domain account without success.
    • When publish a new project, appears a message of site creation failure, but the site is created. The issue is that you cannot link manually or sincronize with it, If you try to acces the site by url appears the error you get access denied, even you are farm admin.

From administrator point of view:

• In SharePoint Central Administration, the Configure Service Accounts page is unacessible showing an unexpected error.
    • In SharePoint Central Administration, the Configure Managed Accounts page shows old and new domain accounts simultaneously or duplicated accounts and you cannot edit or delete them.
    • The SSS key is not recognized and Excel services is down. If you retype the passphrase, you recover the account, but if you restart the server, you loose it again.
    • If you try to create a new site in Project server or in SharePoint Administration, it fails or it creates only the Home page. Any link you choose appears the error "File not found".

In other words, it is a complete disaster.

According to Premier Support, SharePoint domain migration side by side is not supported. In this case the options were:

1. Solve each one of the problems one by one;
    2. Reinstall the server restoring the databases (not using the server farm backup).

We choose the second option because it woul be faster and it worked. Some issues appeared in this process, but it was sokved very quickly.

There is another thread about this kind of migration here and the suggestion is the same alternative.

• Marked as answer by R.Segawa Friday, May 27, 2011 6:11 PM
    Friday, May 27, 2011 6:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you verified that you have access to the Project Detail Page Document Library? When you click on a project in project center, PWA will try and load up the PDPs. If you don't have access, you would get that error.

Let us know how you go.

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 1:37 PM
  • HI,

This problem was solved with the help of Microsoft Premier Support.

When I migrated the Project Server from one domais to another, using both domain side by side, keeping same GUID and SID for all userrs in both domains we discvered more problems than I described above. The simptoms were:

From user's point of view

• When he or she tries to drill down Project Detail or BI page, appears a message that the account is invalid and need to use another account, even you have administrator rights. You can try to use the old or new domain account without success.
    • When publish a new project, appears a message of site creation failure, but the site is created. The issue is that you cannot link manually or sincronize with it, If you try to acces the site by url appears the error you get access denied, even you are farm admin.

From administrator point of view:

• In SharePoint Central Administration, the Configure Service Accounts page is unacessible showing an unexpected error.
    • In SharePoint Central Administration, the Configure Managed Accounts page shows old and new domain accounts simultaneously or duplicated accounts and you cannot edit or delete them.
    • The SSS key is not recognized and Excel services is down. If you retype the passphrase, you recover the account, but if you restart the server, you loose it again.
    • If you try to create a new site in Project server or in SharePoint Administration, it fails or it creates only the Home page. Any link you choose appears the error "File not found".

In other words, it is a complete disaster.

According to Premier Support, SharePoint domain migration side by side is not supported. In this case the options were:

1. Solve each one of the problems one by one;
    2. Reinstall the server restoring the databases (not using the server farm backup).

We choose the second option because it woul be faster and it worked. Some issues appeared in this process, but it was sokved very quickly.

There is another thread about this kind of migration here and the suggestion is the same alternative.

• Marked as answer by R.Segawa Friday, May 27, 2011 6:11 PM
    Friday, May 27, 2011 6:11 PM