none
DPM 2007 agent error - DPMRA service terminated wiht service-specific error Element not found RRS feed

• Question

• Because the DPM 2007 agent install counld not find the production server, I manually installed a DPM 2007 agent (64bit edition) on my Windows 2008 Standard (64bit) production server.  The server is running Hyper-V.   I was able to install the agent manually, then rebooted the server.  I tried to attch it to my DPM 2007 System Center Managment by going through the shell and running the attach-proudctionserver.ps1 command.  When it failed I went to the production server and noticed that the DPMRA  agent service was had not started.  I tried to start the service and got the following: "Windows could not start the DPMRA on Local computer".

Looking at the System event viewer I see the following event error (event ID 7024) "The DPMRA service terminated wiht service-specific error Element not found. 

I searched for that error on the internet and only found suggestions to check the TCP ports 5718/5719 using the netstat command.  I did that and found nothing using those two ports.  I've also temporarily turned off my Windows firewall just to see if anything was blocking that service from starting, but the service still failed to start.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry 

Friday, June 17, 2011 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try this from adminstrative command prompt:

C:\> CD Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\bin
    C:\> Setdpmserver.exe -dpmservername <dpm_name>

Then see if the agent will start.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, June 24, 2011 12:52 AM
  • Mike,

Thanks for yoru response.  Just realized yesterday that I didn't install the service pack 1 update on DPM 2007.  After installed, Hyper-V support was available, and I was able to install the agent from the DPM management console.   No errors! 

Terry

• Proposed as answer by MarcReynolds Friday, June 24, 2011 2:23 PM
    Friday, June 24, 2011 11:56 AM