Setup installed two languages - need to remove one RRS feed

• Question

• Setting up Windows 7 Home Edition on a new laptop with a touchey trac pad I now have English and Chinese as languages shown in the lower right hand task bar and on the sign in screen in the upper left hand corner.  How do I get rid of the Chinese? 
    Monday, February 15, 2010 3:04 PM

Answers

• It seems that it is not a "language" but an input as Windows 7 Home edition do not support language package.

Go to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Region and Language> Go to Keyboards and Languages tab, click Change keyboards, first set English as Default input language, then highlight Chinese in lower "Installed services" box, click Remove button to remove it.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:14 AM

All replies

• Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Install or Uninstall display languages.
    MCTS: Windows 7 - Configuring
    Monday, February 15, 2010 5:56 PM
  • It seems that it is not a "language" but an input as Windows 7 Home edition do not support language package.

Go to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Region and Language> Go to Keyboards and Languages tab, click Change keyboards, first set English as Default input language, then highlight Chinese in lower "Installed services" box, click Remove button to remove it.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:14 AM
  • This resolved my problem.  Thank you very much!
    Friday, February 19, 2010 9:16 AM