none
The request could not be submitted, please limit your criteria RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating an excel spreadsheet with numerous columns.  My C# code will create the spreadsheet and works fine with 72 columns.  If I attempt to add one more column to my metadata for the excel sheet to have (eg 73 columns) I get an error from the sql client (not my own handling)  when I try to execute the data reader stating "The request could not be submitted, please limit your criteria"  I haven't tried much because I am not sure where to go from here.  I have tried removing other columns and adding in the new columns I want and it works for the most part ( I might not see my new columns added, but it generates the report anyhow) but it seems I have hit some sort of ceiling.  Is this just a memory issue or is it a deeper issue underlying the sql client?  Any insight would be appreciated, thank you.
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

Are you using Microsoft ACE OLEDB provider?

Please share some SQL that reads that Excel file.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:04 PM
  • Hi Jason,

I don't think it's about columns as there can be 1024 columns per nonwide table.

You can check about Maximum Capacity Specifications for SQL Server .

If there're still questions, feel free to let us know.

Sabrina

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 19, 2019 7:43 AM
  • Hi Jason,

I am writing to follow up this thread with you. Have you solved your issue? If you have solved your issue ,in order to close this thread, please kindly mark helpful replies as answers. By doing so, it will benefit all community members who are having this similar issue.  Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sabrina

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 22, 2019 8:09 AM