none
DPM 2012 R2 UR1 , has broken my install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have installed UR1 for DPM2012 R2, and now the DPM service is crashed constantly, now I am not sure if I have installed the update correctly.

There are 4 executable files. :-

The first one ran fine, but I am unsure if you are supposed to run the others, ???  if I try to run the other Detectoid, it fails with

installation failed with return value = 1642  

Can someone help point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Mark

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 8:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You only need to install the largest one (~380MB) on the DPM Server.  The others are DPM management shell and remote console if you want to administer the DPM server remotely.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You only need to install the largest one (~380MB) on the DPM Server.  The others are DPM management shell and remote console if you want to administer the DPM server remotely.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:44 AM
  • I got the same problem, while updating to UR9, but it's not regarding the server's end, this error is occurring while running the "DPM Central Console Server-all-dpmcentralconsoleserver-kb3112306" on any machine which has the previous version of remote console.
    Friday, April 15, 2016 10:01 AM