Logon Script Powershell -Printing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I our school district, we have the staff which works in more than one schools. Since that staff can be only in the OU of one of the schools, so that staff is pulling the printers for that school only. The printers are deployed using GP. 

In order to handle it, what I have done is that: 

I have written the powershell script which will take in csv file with names of all the staff who works at more than one school and the names of the schools they work at. The powershell script will run as logon script and since it runs the users pull the respective printers from all the schools they work at.

The problem is that some of the printers not everyone can print to. They are network printers but only admin staff is allowed to print not the teachers. But when the logon script runs it tries to add those printers too and hence it cant connect and user see that prompt box of "Connecting to the Printer". 

I was wondering if I could perform a check before adding the printers that if security permission are set to "everyone" can print then only add that printer. But I can't find a way to find out that. I was thinking of reading the security permission on the printers and then adding it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, 
    Aman

Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:38 PM

Answers