locked
UAG SharePoint 2010 Web page displays incorrectly RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I have an issue with our UAG, it is sitting in our DMZ and we are publishing a SharePoint 2010 Application from the UAG portal which accesses our Internal SharePoint 2010 Web Servers. The SharePoint Application in the UAG Portal web interface launches and authenticates with no problems so I know the SharePoint access has been setup correctly. The Issue is that the SharePoint 2010 Webpage that the UAG displays is all displayed and formatted incorrectly. I have tested the SharePoint Site from the UAG's Internet Explorer along with a standard workstation Internet Explorer and the webpage displays correctly. I have tried both a Team site and a publishing site and both with a V4 & V3 Masterpage. We did update the UAG with Updates 1 & 2 as we did see that SharePoint 2010 was not supported until the UAG Update 1.

    Clearly there is somethign wrong when UAG passes the http data onto the client accessing the SharePoint 2010 Application through the UAG Portal Web Interface. 

     

     

     

     

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Sunday, December 5, 2010 9:14 AM

Answers

  • Hi Trent,

    I've used wildcard-path ( /* ) in several publications (Web Servers->Paths), and it works as expected. Note, don't put dot ( /.* ) in front of asterisk.

    After setting the path, navigate through Sharepoint sites deeply, and if issues still exists, check Web Monitor for possible Warnings "URL path not allowed".

    BR,

    -Snendis

    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Monday, December 27, 2010 11:25 PM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 9:09 AM

All replies

  • Hello,

    Did  you try with the Service Pack 1 of Forefront UAG?

    As I say on my blog (http://security.sakuranohana.fr/2010/12/uag-forefront-uag-service-pack-1_05.html) this service pack improve the support of SharePoint 2010 publication.


    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/liontux | My Blog (French/English) : http://security.sakuranohana.fr/
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 4:44 PM
  • Hi Lionel,

    The Service Pack was applied but the issue still remains. I did find something interesting yesterday though, When i use the root Share Point 2010 site such as contoso.com/, the site works correctly. When i try to use a subsite, such as contoso.com/sites/testsite, that is when the site does not appear correctly.  This means that the UAG is stripping the Webpage down when ever i use a subsite within the FQDN.  This is a majopr issue for me as we intened on having mutliple site collections in SharePoint to derive from http://contoso.com/sites/<sitename>.

    Is there a policy or setting that I can configure to allow subsites to be unfiltered or stripped from the UAG; Perhaps a Wildcard entry such as http://contoso.com.sites/.* or something along those lines?

     

     

    Monday, December 6, 2010 1:03 AM
  • Are you sure your SharePoint Alternate Access Mappings (AAMs) are correct for all sites?


    Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd | My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk

    Monday, December 6, 2010 1:45 AM
  • Hi Jason,

     

    Yes, I can test the AAM of the SharePoint site from the Internet Explorer on the UAG with no issues. The SharePoint Webpage displays correctly as expected; but when the SharePoint 2010 site is published through the UAG that is when i get half a web page showing. What i mean by that is the webpage displays, but with no formatting, Pictures are not displaying etc.

    Monday, December 6, 2010 1:56 AM
  • Hi Trent,

    I've used wildcard-path ( /* ) in several publications (Web Servers->Paths), and it works as expected. Note, don't put dot ( /.* ) in front of asterisk.

    After setting the path, navigate through Sharepoint sites deeply, and if issues still exists, check Web Monitor for possible Warnings "URL path not allowed".

    BR,

    -Snendis

    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Monday, December 27, 2010 11:25 PM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 9:09 AM