none
Reporting jobs in Project Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We see a lot of reporting jobs in Project Server like Project Publish, Project Sync etc. I want to know where can I find details regarding all these reporting jobs. What they do.

Are all these reporting jobs inter-related or linked to each other? Are they Children of same parent job?

I am publishing projects on Project Server. I have some projects which have customization in risk list because of which Reporting(Project Sync) should fail. But for some of these projects Reporting(Project Publish) is failing (I know the reason for that). But during publish if Project Publish reporting fails, Project sync Reporting is not triggered. Why?

Is there some kind of relationship between the two, because of which if one fails, the second need not to be triggered. 

Thanks,

Bhawna

Friday, October 4, 2013 12:48 PM

Answers

• Hello,

The reporting jobs will be spawned from another job, usually a Publish job. If the publish job fails then the Reporting job generally will not fire.

The Reporting (Project Publish) job will fire after the Project Publish job, this pushes the data from the Publish databases to the Reporting database.

The Reporting (Project Sync) job will fire after the Reporting (Project Publish) job, well technically after the Project Site Create job on initial publish. This job syncs the Project Site data (default Issues and Risks) with the Reporting database. This job also fires after editing / creating items on the Issues and Risks lists on the Project Site - 2010 or 2013.

Hope that helps

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Friday, October 4, 2013 1:42 PM