change KPI status formula RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

is there any way to control the formula for the status column of the KPI? Can it only be a simple comparison with the target value...?

I wanted to force this value to blank when, for example, the target measure doesn't have any measure.

Thanks in advanced

Raul Queiroga, Microsoft Partner and MCP

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:54 PM

Answers

• As per my understanding, the status column can be a measure, so you should be able to write an expresison for it.

You can also edit the formula of your KPI.

If this is not what you expected, can you give the exact scenario, so that I can help you further. 

Cheers,
    Jason
    P.S. : Please click the 'Mark as Answer' button if a post solves your problem! :)

Some Random Thoughts

Follow me on Twitter

Thursday, June 21, 2012 6:06 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• As per my understanding, the status column can be a measure, so you should be able to write an expresison for it.

You can also edit the formula of your KPI.

If this is not what you expected, can you give the exact scenario, so that I can help you further. 

Cheers,
    Jason
    P.S. : Please click the 'Mark as Answer' button if a post solves your problem! :)

Some Random Thoughts

Follow me on Twitter

Thursday, June 21, 2012 6:06 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

how can one change the KPI operation?

The standard powerpivot UI only permits the formula:

<KPI base measure>  > or < or = to   <target value (measure ou absolute value)>

One can only chnage the formula of the target measure, not the operation itself.

For example, in my scenario, I wanted that, when the target measure is null, the KPI would be blank (not have a value of any "color") so not to confuse the users.

Raul Queiroga, Microsoft Partner and MCP

Friday, June 22, 2012 10:32 AM
  • Raul,

Is this still an issue?

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, October 28, 2013 6:52 AM