Access 2007 bug: Can't find language dll msain.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

how can I resolve the A2007 "Can't find language dll msain.dll" bug? This one occurs on machines with more than one version of MS Office/MS Access.

Thank you very much for your time in advance.

• Moved by George Hua Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:30 PM Access 2007 related
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 3:16 AM

All replies

• Same question was asked here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-access/cant-find-language-dll-msaindll/1cfe7bab-fb41-e011-9767-d8d385dcbb12

Does this help resolve your issue?

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 4:33 AM
  • Thank you for your response, Tom.

I've been there before I posted my question. The problem is that my customers have MS Access Runtime thus they can't run Msaccess.exe. See "But I directly open Access.exe but not click the access file.".

I think my customers will have to create/modify shortut to make the application run. Something like that:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\MyApp\MyApp.accdr"

Unfortunatelly, A2007 PSW doesn't seem to be able to create the shortcut. PSW creates the shortcut as follows:

C:\MyApp\MyApp.accdr

But various versions of MS Access are not compatible so that running C:\MyApp\MyApp.accdr under MS Access 2010 fails. What is funny: before latest Microsoft Update my application performed well. Grrr... thumbs down to Microsoft...

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:41 AM