Exchange NDR New-SystemMessage RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I did create new system message, when someone send an e-mail to address, which doesnt exist. When I tested it from Gmail to Exchange I am getting this NDR: Remote Server returned '550 5.1.10 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipientNotFound; Recipient not found by SMTP address lookup' 

So I created 

New-SystemMessage -DsnCode 5.1.10 -Language en -Internal $false -Text "Message" 

This worked for Gmail etc.. , but when I send message from Outlook (Exchange 2016 - another organization). I am getting default message with this NDR: Remote Server returned '554 5.1.0 < #5.1.10 smtp;550 5.1.10 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipientNotFound; Recipient not found by SMTP address lookup>'

Do you know, What I need to do? 

Thanks for advices.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 12:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description above, you have created the custom system message for the 5.1.10 code. And it can work properly for messages from Gmail etc, but will still sending default NDR for messages from another organization using Exchange 2016.

We can use the command to check the detailed configuration about the system message created in environment

Get-SystemMessage En\External\5.1.10 | fl

Here is a similar issue about the Custom messages in NDRs are replaced by default system messages, however it occured in O365. We may also check the value of DSNConversionMode set in TransportConfig.

If the DSNConversionMode parameter is not set to PreserveDSNBody, we can use the following command to change it.

Set-TransportConfig -DSNConversionMode PreserveDSNBody 

Detailed usage about the command Set-TransportConfig

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by hnnycs Wednesday, January 22, 2020 8:39 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 2:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description above, you have created the custom system message for the 5.1.10 code. And it can work properly for messages from Gmail etc, but will still sending default NDR for messages from another organization using Exchange 2016.

We can use the command to check the detailed configuration about the system message created in environment

Get-SystemMessage En\External\5.1.10 | fl

Here is a similar issue about the Custom messages in NDRs are replaced by default system messages, however it occured in O365. We may also check the value of DSNConversionMode set in TransportConfig.

If the DSNConversionMode parameter is not set to PreserveDSNBody, we can use the following command to change it.

Set-TransportConfig -DSNConversionMode PreserveDSNBody 

Detailed usage about the command Set-TransportConfig

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by hnnycs Wednesday, January 22, 2020 8:39 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 2:54 AM
  • Set-TransportConfig -DSNConversionMode PreserveDSNBody 
    Worked, thanks!!
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 8:39 AM