NOTIFICATIONS RRS feed

• Question

• hello, i need when i create an incident that when i put that the incident`s affected user a mail warns him... and when the incident is closed too!!!
    I look this link... http://207.46.16.252/en-us/library/ff461037.aspx
    but it doesnt help me
    i have to put all users that can create an incident as suscriber`s recipient?
    any ideas???
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 7:34 PM

Answers

• You dont need to add all the users as subscribers.

It's easier:

• Create a notification template which contains the subject and text of the mail you like to send
    • Go to Workflow -> Configuration -> Incident Event Workflow Configuration -> Properties
    • Add a new workflow -> Name as you like (e.g. Notification to Affected User New Incicent is created)
    • Check for events "When an incident is created" (workflow will start if a new incident is created) or "When an incident is updated" (workflow will star if the inicdent is update, like status changed to resolved/closed)
    • Choose/create a Management Pack you like to store the information of this workflow
    • Choose criterias if you like (for instance "if status changed from active to resolved or closed" if you choosed "When an incident is updated")
    • Do not apply a template
    • Select People to Notify -> Enable notification -> pick Affected User from the list -> pick your message template from the list -> Add
    • Next -> Create

Done

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group
    • Marked as answer by exitista Tuesday, June 28, 2011 3:27 PM
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:41 PM