Second hard drive dissapears after install RRS feed

• Question

• I built a dual core / pentium with 2 gb of ram. Installed vista, and couldn't figure out why it wasn't finding my secondary hard dive. After a few months, I finally found that the key to solving the problem was by going into the ADNINISTRATIVE TOOLS and doing something. Now, whenever I install windows 7; I have the same problem. When I install windows 7; it asks me if I want to install it on disk 0 or disk 1. So, windows 7 does find the second hard drive. But, after the install is complete, it only shows 1 hard drive. I'd like to do a fresh install of widows 7 rc 1, if anyone can help me out. I've found windows 7 to be faster and more stable than windows vista. I always backup my data files to my secondary hard drive, then do a clean installation of windows seven (even though it's only an RC 1 release). I don't dual boot or anything.

any answers?
    • Edited by rpw550 Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:18 PM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:31 PM

Answers

• In dual boot scenarios Windows 7 hides the drive with the other OS on it to keep it safe from files belonging to the other OS accidentally being overwritten.
    Assign a drive letter to the drive if you want to see it in Windows 7.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 10:52 PM