.NET framework Files will not install RRS feed

• Question

• Running Windows XP home edition (Ver 2002) with service pack 2.  Yes it is very old but does everything I need it to do.  I don't need .NET Frame on this computer and by error an update ran to install .NET Frame 1.1.  It down loaded and was installing .NET Framework files with zero seconds remaining and the screen froze while displaying "Registering System.EnterprizeServices.dll".  Something similar happend to another old computer (still not my primary computer) and it ended very badly.  I simply want to get back to safe ground with this computer.  Completing the .NET frame 1.1 install is not the priority here.  I have not shut the system down since this occured and the frozen screen is still open.  Can I simply click cancel or will it be necessary to restore to a prior date.  System restore may not even be an option as I have not set a restore point lately.  Any useful guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks.
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• Automatic update has been on for critical updates.  The program has not completed installing yet so there is nothing to remove through Control Panel.  I tried to cancel the set up and got a dialog box asking if I wanted to cancel or return to set up.  I seleceted yes to cancel but the set up did not close.  Another forum suggested that NET Framework does not always mesh with Webroot Antivirus.  The affected computer is running Webroot.  I am afraid to shut down and reboot the computer.  Any other advise to share?
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 12:56 AM
  • Ask in one of these forums: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/netdevelopment

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Friday, October 12, 2012 10:30 PM