none
How to view details of Correlation ID on a SharePoint online site

Question

• Hi All,

We are getting an error message with a Correlation ID on our SharePoint online site. I know how to view the details if the SharePoint site was on premise, but how do I view the details for our SharePoint online site? Is there an application or maybe a PowerShell script I can use?

I understand that our SharePoint online site is within a Tenant environment so the ULS files that contain the details of the Correlation ID are maybe within a single file. Is there a Microsoft application that we can use that only returns Correlation ID for our environment?

In the past I have phoned up Office 365 support they will take days to return the details. Like with our on-premise SharePoint site I need to understand the problem immediately.

I hope you can help.
    Colin

• Edited by ceBlueSky Wednesday, April 12, 2017 12:11 PM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 11:58 AM

Answers

• You have to contact MS Support to get ULS information for O365. There is no way to query it directly as a non-MS person.
    • Marked as answer by ceBlueSky Thursday, April 13, 2017 12:37 AM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 12:09 PM
  • A service request is the only way. SharePoint Online is a multitenanted environment and it would not be a good security practice to provide customers a way to pull the internal logs.

A service request is the only way to go. I have submitted several recently and they typically respond within the hour. It can take up to a day or two to get an explanation but they are certainly more responsive than they were in the past.

• Marked as answer by ceBlueSky Thursday, April 13, 2017 12:38 AM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:46 PM

All replies

• You have to contact MS Support to get ULS information for O365. There is no way to query it directly as a non-MS person.
    • Marked as answer by ceBlueSky Thursday, April 13, 2017 12:37 AM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 12:09 PM
  • A service request is the only way. SharePoint Online is a multitenanted environment and it would not be a good security practice to provide customers a way to pull the internal logs.

A service request is the only way to go. I have submitted several recently and they typically respond within the hour. It can take up to a day or two to get an explanation but they are certainly more responsive than they were in the past.

• Marked as answer by ceBlueSky Thursday, April 13, 2017 12:38 AM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:46 PM