App-V Server 5.1 support life cycle RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does anyone have any information on when the mainstream support for App-V server 5.1 (Management/Publishing) ends?

I am unable to find any information on this (only the clients).  There are supported configurations for App-V server 5.1 but no time lines that I can see.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Amo

Monday, February 26, 2018 12:34 PM

All replies

• As I understood the 5.1 Server will remain supported (same timeline as the new 5.2 client) as long as there is no new version available of the backend.
    Monday, February 26, 2018 1:27 PM
  • See bottom comment:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sgern/2017/03/03/app-v-5-1-nahert-sich-dem-ende-des-mainstream-supports/

Monday, February 26, 2018 1:47 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the link.  I have seen this but was looking for something more concrete.

As you can imagine, deploying this at a customer who then asks the question, if difficult to give the answer you mentioned as I cannot see anything written to confirm this by Microsoft.

Monday, February 26, 2018 2:47 PM
  • Agree...then you probably have to call Microsoft as there isn't an official statement at the moment...at least I can't find it either. On the other hand...as long as it isn't there, it's still supported :)
    Monday, February 26, 2018 2:58 PM
  • Has anyone heard anything official on the future of App-V Server yet?
    Monday, January 7, 2019 5:25 PM
  • Has anyone heard anything official on the future of App-V Server yet?
    not sure, is this what you are looking for? ...
    Tuesday, January 15, 2019 7:50 AM