Mouse freezes in Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I bought Windows 7 in May 2010 new and my mouse has always frozen intermediately and I have tried everything.  What is the solution Microsoft technical support? 

Saturday, October 29, 2011 8:51 PM

All replies

• I would suggest you uninstall and rescan for mouse drivers.  If it is a laptop and you are referring to the touchpad, it could also be a hardware issue. 
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | Infrastructure Architect, Windows Engineer and PowerShell blogger | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

Engineering Efficiency
    @Rich_Prescott
    Client System Administration tool
    AD User Creation tool
    • Proposed as answer by rde-prepress Wednesday, October 2, 2013 2:02 PM
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 11:27 PM
  • Try this.

Test in new USB port.

Then create new user account and log in as that user and test the mouse. If still freezing

go to device mngr and uninstall the server and install the latest drivers from the mouse manufactures site.

Hope this helps

Also, try http://www.thetechgroup.com.au/forum/1/, it worked for me!
    Monday, October 31, 2011 5:53 AM
  • Hi,

Also I recommend that you may try this mouse on another machine to determine whether this is a mouse related problem. In case the same problem occurs, this should be a hardware related issue, you may consider changing the mouse.

If it works fine, this may be an driver or port related issue, please try Rich and Chris’ advice and post the result here.

Hope this helps

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:41 AM
  • Windows opening blue screen appears but mouse is frozen so I can't get on to try anything. Ctrl+Alt+Del is unresponsive.

Thursday, June 7, 2012 3:34 AM
  • After installing updated driver I removed the default HID compliant mouse driver to leave only the manufacturer's (Logitech) drivers. That seemed to solve the problem. I re-installed the drivers before without paying attention to the also present default drivers and never had any success with solving the intermittent freeze ups. I think eliminating possible conflicts of multiple drivers resolved the issue.

64bit Win7 desktop.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 2:02 PM