none
Trying to uninstall icloud

Question

• When I try to uninstall <g class="gr_ gr_30 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="30" id="30">icloud</g> Apple says I can not do this because I am not logged on as an administrator and the uninstall is unsuccessful. When I double checked <g class="gr_ gr_264 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="264" id="264">in</g> my settings it clearly shows that I am logged in as an admin. How do I uninstall this program?
    Tuesday, February 13, 2018 4:31 PM

All replies

• You may boot in to Safe mode and try the following steps to uninstall iCloud:

Choose Start menu > Control Panel.
    Click Programs > Program and Features.
    Select iCloud > Uninstall.
    Click OK to continue.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:12 AM
  • Hi,

Here are steps to enter safe mode.

1. Just before the Windows 7 splash screen shown above appears, press the F8 key to enter Advanced Boot Options.

2. Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, highlight the Safe Mode and press Enter.

And you could also try to use clean boot to boot PC into a clean environment to uninstall it.

Here is a link for your reference.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Here is link for you to turn off or uninstall iCloud for Windows.

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT201391

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability. Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 1:47 AM
  • Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 26, 2018 1:41 AM