none
Remove Agent Entry for Deleted Server on Secondary DPM 2010 Server RRS feed

• Question

• A primary DPM server was decommisioned and removed from the domain before the server was removed from the secondary DPM server.  How can I remove this from the "unprotected with protection agent" list on the DPM management tab?  You used to be able to run the uninstall against the deleted server, and when the uninstall would fail, DPM would give you the option to remove the record from the DB.
    Monday, June 28, 2010 2:46 PM

Answers

•  

Hello John,

Try running the "new to DPM 2010" power shell script called: Remove-ProductionServer.ps1 and see if that will remove it for you.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, June 28, 2010 3:41 PM

All replies

•  

Hello John,

Try running the "new to DPM 2010" power shell script called: Remove-ProductionServer.ps1 and see if that will remove it for you.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, June 28, 2010 3:41 PM
  • This did not work.  I have tried both FQDN and NETBIOS name.  The server is no longer truned on or part of the domain.  The first time I ran the command with the FQDN I got the error below:

There is failure while removing production server
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\bin\Remove-ProductionServer.ps1 : DPM was unable to remove the protected computer ICDPM02 from one of the following groups:

1. Distributed COM users
    2. DPMRADmTrustedMachines
    3. MSDPMTrustedMachines
    At line:1 char:30
    + .\Remove-ProductionServer.ps1 <<<<
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Remove-ProductionServer.ps1

I removed all SIDs fro the groups, since the server was no longer in there by name due to domain removal.  When I reran the command with the FQDN, I recieved the following error:

There is failure while removing production server
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\bin\Remove-ProductionServer.ps1 : DPM was unable to remove the protected computer ICDPM02.icsystem.com.
    At line:1 char:30
    + .\Remove-ProductionServer.ps1 <<<<
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Remove-ProductionServer.ps1

Make sure that the protected computer is attached to the DPM server. If the protected computer is in the Active directory domain, make sure that you have provided the correct fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the protected computer. If ICDPM02.icsystem.com is a workgroup computer configured to use NETBIOS, specify the NETBIOS name. Otherwise specify the DNS name of the workgroup computer.

Thursday, July 1, 2010 4:47 PM
  • Even though these errors are logged, when the agents tab is refreshed, the agent is removed.
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 4:50 PM