none
Best way to protect domain. RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking to expand my protection from daily tape based backups to storing data in the cloud to speed up any disaster recovery process.

I am planning on backing up 3 of my most important machines using site recovery. This would bring my DC, SQL server and Exchange back online pretty much straight away.

For the rest of my servers etc and data I want to be able to back them up in azure vault. Then restore them from a DPM server I have in Azure.

I have created a server in azure with DPM and linked it to my azure vault, however I cant see any data being uploaded to the vault by my on premises DPM server - I'm guessing this is by design and there is no way around that?

Once my 3 main servers are back online. I want to be able to restore vhdx's straight from the vault and mount them in Azure - again I am unsure if this is possible?

From what I can gather, I would have to kind of have to restore the DPM database from my on premises server, over the DPM database from my azure server? Which should be easy enough as my on premises server sql server which holds the DPM database should be back online in site recovery. This way it should be able to see the data in the vault?

Sorry if I haven't explained very well and thanks in advance for any help getting my head around the best way to do this.

Friday, May 1, 2015 4:13 PM