none
Windows 7 looses domain, some programs and one of the local admin accounts RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. In on of the labs I run with dual boot Linux and windows 7, I've been experiencing this issue with 2 PCs. Today I noticed one more had this issue. They were connected to my windows domain but when I'm going to login, the domain connection is gone and one of the local administrators is gone too. After resetting the Administrator account password, I'm able to login but some of the programs have vanished while others still run.

The Bios is boot protected, so I don't think any user could boot a CD/USB to mess with the PC.

One thing I was thinking was if someone got root privileges in Linux and mount the Windows partition and mess with it. But even if someone got the root password, how come the administrator and student local accounts still exist?

Windows restore points are disabled, so I think that even if the machines were not shutdown properly, they would no rollback to some inconsistent state.

Has anyone experienced something like this?

Is this some kind of hacking?

Thanks and best regards.

Dave

Monday, October 24, 2016 8:36 AM

All replies