Microsoft Outlook continually closes - help!! RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I open my Microsoft Outlook and open an e-mail I get an error message stating that the program has encountered an error and needs to close. The program then closes and reopens itself and continues this cycle. So far I have run an update on all the Windows programs that I am running and I have tried to apply the fixes (I am running the 32 bit program) and edition 10 but I cannot find a solution to my problem.  I need help to fix this - can anyone suggest what else I can try or someone for me to take my computer to have this software problem attended to??
    Monday, July 10, 2017 10:20 AM

All replies

• Sorry 2016 edition - I am not very computer savvy apologies!!

Monday, July 10, 2017 10:22 AM
  • Hi Mrs Konstantas,

Thanks for posting in our forum.

To help narrow down the issue, please try to start Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type "outlook /safe", press Enter.) and see if Outlook can be opened properly.

It the problem continues, please try to repair Office via Control Panel and check the result:

Repair an Office application 

It the issue still exists, please have a check in the Event Viewer when the problem occurs and see if anything useful would be recorded out there.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:17 AM