none
How to get the % of Work Complete on Activities [2007] RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In the Proposals/Activities page of PS 2007 + SP2 + June CU, I created an Activity with 3 tasks and one resource by task.

Each resource entered time in his/her Timesheet on this Activity, and then submit the timesheet.

The resources  imported their timesheet in their My Tasks page and clicked on Save and Submit.

In the My Tasks / Assignment Detail page we can see the Percent complete for each assignment.

In the Proposals and Activities detail page, all the Assignment % Work complete are 0%...

What did I miss?

Thanks

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 1:27 PM

Answers

• WLID:

To diagonose the delay issue, you need to monitor the queue and see what is going on there. It may be that you have jobs that are taking too long because of bad data, you may have a bottleneck due to hardware performance or capacity, you may have timing issue where there is a discrepancy to between the clock on the SQL server and the clock on your application server. Bottom line, to get to the bottom of this, you will need to provide very detailed information and spend some time sleuthing around your system.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Sunday, September 5, 2010 10:58 AM
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

20h after my last trial, I openned this Activity detail page and... all the Percent complete are there!

Good, but 20h to display an update is not "Real Time".

What could I do to speed up the process?

Thanks

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 12:48 PM
  • For one of the assignments on that Activity, if I look at the "% Work Completed" from the "Proposals and activities" menu in the Quick lauch, i can read 11%. (Which is the true value)

For the same assignment on that Activity, if I look at the "% Work Completed" from the "Project Center" menu in the Quick lauch, i can read 0% ???

How to unravel that mess?

Thanks

Thursday, September 2, 2010 1:24 PM
  • WLID:

For this part of your question, I have to ask whether you published the Activity plan after accepting the updates?

Project Server Help BLOG
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:07 PM
  • WLID:

To diagonose the delay issue, you need to monitor the queue and see what is going on there. It may be that you have jobs that are taking too long because of bad data, you may have a bottleneck due to hardware performance or capacity, you may have timing issue where there is a discrepancy to between the clock on the SQL server and the clock on your application server. Bottom line, to get to the bottom of this, you will need to provide very detailed information and spend some time sleuthing around your system.

Project Server Help BLOG
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Sunday, September 5, 2010 10:58 AM
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:09 PM
  • Gary, thanks for responding,

I published the Activity just after I assigned its resources on their tasks. That's all: I never published it again.

Thanks

Friday, September 3, 2010 10:46 AM
  • Gary,

Thanks for these diffrent ways to sleuth...

Friday, September 3, 2010 12:15 PM