none
Single project funded by multiple companies RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have a project funded by multiple companies. However it is managed is centralized in one area. However I need to track the money spent by each of the companies. Each resource is paid by only one of the companies.

Is it possible to track how much each company will pay/has paid in the MS Project? In other words, add to each task the "origin of the money"

I have searched about it but didn't found any topic about it, perhaps I am using the wrong words to explain it.

Best Regards,

Rodrigo

• Edited by Rodrigom14 Monday, April 24, 2017 2:13 PM There was an error
    Monday, April 24, 2017 2:08 PM

Answers

• Rodrigo,

If each resource is unique to a particular company's funding I suggest you use a Resource Text field. For example, use Text1 for all resources associated with company A, Text2 for all resources associated with company B and so forth. Then group on the Resource Text field in the Resource Usage view and you will have a cost profile for each company.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:44 AM

All replies

• Rodrigo,

If each resource is unique to a particular company's funding I suggest you use a Resource Text field. For example, use Text1 for all resources associated with company A, Text2 for all resources associated with company B and so forth. Then group on the Resource Text field in the Resource Usage view and you will have a cost profile for each company.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:44 AM
  • Thanks John.

It is exactly what I needed.

Regards,

Rodrigo

• Edited by Rodrigom14 Friday, May 5, 2017 2:19 PM Yes
    Friday, May 5, 2017 2:18 PM
  • Rodrigo,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Friday, May 5, 2017 4:33 PM