Finding a 64-Bit Driver. RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed Windows Vista x64 BETA 2. It installed most of the hardware drivers except a few. The two I most need is:

C-Media Sound Card CMI8768

D-Link Wi-Fi Card - DWL-G520.

If you can give me some suggestions and/or find a place to get these drivers would be appreciated. 

Sunday, June 11, 2006 12:57 PM

All replies

• I also am looking for a x64 driver for my D-link DWL-G520. None of the solutions Ive came across have worked for beta 2.
    Friday, June 30, 2006 8:40 PM
  • Windows Vista x64 Doesn´t offer support for many Wireless Dlink Cards right now. I have tested on my PC several ones, but none of them worked. On x86 platform its ok. (I can't understand why they are not supporting them, but I had to roll back to x86 because I couldn´t get connected to my ap). Speaking with some DLINK technician it seems they are not interested right now in 64 bits drivers development. And they are not sure if it will happen or if they are going to release them.
    Saturday, July 1, 2006 7:15 PM
  • I'm after a x86 driver for dwl-g520+ that works,

the xp one I dl'd from dlink doesn't work

and it's the last on my list

Sunday, July 23, 2006 11:34 PM
  • Friday, July 28, 2006 11:14 AM
  • Hi,

I have a D-Link dwl-g520+ wireless pci card... but don't work with xp driver... I try many driver but don't work... can you say me please where I can find the driver for Windows Vista x86?

Sunday, July 30, 2006 9:50 AM
  • go to d-link .com look up your card and download them and do a sreach for you card

but frist go to windows vista upgrade advisor and install it then you will be prompt to download file msxml 6.0 core download it also after you do all of that it will be easyer for you to download you drivers

and if you are upgrading or a fresh install to RC1 and  have install vista upgrade advisor file msxml 6.0 core go to c:/old windows  and find your old drivwers there and reinstall then and all the rest of your drivers and files also updates install file msxml 4.0

Friday, October 13, 2006 11:40 PM
  • i too have a c-media 7channel cmi8768 sound card with the optical in/outs aswell and haven't been able to find a compatible driver for Vista Ultimate x64 Bit until i found the below link which works perfectly including optical out.

ftp://ftp.terratec.de/Audio/Aureon/Aureon7.1PCI/Update/Beta/Aureon_7.1_PCI_App_Drv_Vista_5.12.1.18Beta.exe

hope it works for other people

Friday, May 18, 2007 4:01 PM
  • Here is the link to D-Link support site .. you will get the 64 bit driver here.

DWL-G520 B4 XP 64bit Driver 1.00

http://www.dlink.com.sg/products/support.asp?pid=12
    Monday, September 24, 2007 1:10 AM