none
UAG RC0 Home Drive Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Server Details
    Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) RC0 Server,
    Domain Member,
    Two NICs, One Internal, One External (Portal.Mydomain.Com)

We have a Trunk up and running with a Portal containing a number of Websites. We can log on successfully and browse all the Internal Websites, some which require a username \ password and some which dont.
    All working fine.

My Authentication Settings are as follows;

Under Authentication Settings
    Server Type: ACTIVE DIRECTORY
    Server Name: AD

Define Domain Controllers
    IP Address/host: CAD1.mydomain.com 389 
    IP Address/host: CAD2.mydomain.com 389 

Search settings
    Base DN: DC=Mydomain,DV=com
    Include Subfolders: Ticked
    Level of Nested groups: 6

Server Access
    User: (NetBios Name)\Username : CAD\UAG_User

Default domain name
    Domain: Netbios Name : CAD

When I try and configure FILE ACCESS to allow access to Home Directorys. I log in using my Domain Admin accound and try and configure the following

Home Directory
    Use Domain Controller Settings for Home Directories

Mapped Drives
    Show Mapped Drives: Ticked

Share Permissions
    Show only the shares a user is permitted to access: Ticked

However when I then try and click on File Access\File Access Admin\Network Sharing\Domains
    I get the following Error

Failed to Enumerate domains
    Please Check your permissions.

Any Ideas?
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 3:18 PM

Answers

• Just to post an update incase anyone else needs this later..

Problem was that I didn't realise, you also have to add an application in the portal called "File Access"

Previously I had been trying just to set the home drives though..

Admin\File Access\File Access Admin\Network Sharing\Domains

• Marked as answer by AdrianOConnor Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:20 PM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:20 PM

All replies

• Sorry another Question

Does the client require anything special to connect for File Access?

I noticed in my client settings, I have Red X's on the following

SSL Application Tunneling: X
    Socket fowarding
    LSP: X
    NSP: X

SSL Network Tunneling
    Client: X
    Driver: X

Certified Endpoint: X
    Priviliged Enpoint: X

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 3:52 PM
  • Just to post an update incase anyone else needs this later..

Problem was that I didn't realise, you also have to add an application in the portal called "File Access"

Previously I had been trying just to set the home drives though..

Admin\File Access\File Access Admin\Network Sharing\Domains

• Marked as answer by AdrianOConnor Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:20 PM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:20 PM
  • Have you got the home drives working ?
    Monday, November 16, 2009 1:24 PM
  • Sure do. It all worked as above.

Any questions just ask away, I dont know much but Ill answer what I can
    Monday, November 16, 2009 3:40 PM
  • I was going to offer my assistance if you were still experiencing problems due to having issues with how you publish the users home drive.
    Monday, November 16, 2009 4:22 PM
  • I am also having the issue on enumerating domains as mentioned above.  I have followed the steps outlined and added the file access app to the portal page but when trying to enumerate domains thru the file access tool in the UAG console I still see the same error.  Any one else have some insight or other to offer?

Regards,

Derek
    Friday, January 15, 2010 2:37 PM
  • Hi All,

I am having the exact same issue.

I configure all settings like Adrian does in both of his posts.

However, like above, when i click on domains, after a few seconds i get the error:

Failed to Enumerate domains
    Please Check your permissions.

I have done a LOT of troubleshooting on this, the only thing I can add to the mix is that if i disable the "Microsoft Forefront TMG Firewall", i am then able to see my domain.

However, it only shows me the other servers in the DMZ, it is not showing me all the servers in my domain... is this normal ?

The fact that the domain comes up with the TMG firewall disabled suggests TMG is blocking the file access ? I can see that there are netbios allowed rules added in TMG which are enabled, however when i use  "file access" from the UAG console, i can see a lot of Netbios denies.

Derek998899 - can you disable your TMG firewall and see if the error goes away?

thanks
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 10:19 PM
  • I have actually gotten a little farther now, after making local security policy changed to the UAG server that I found in an article I am not able to browse domains and servers my issue is drives.  When I select a couple of servers (have tried different groupings) and hit apply then try to go to the share tree and get this great error of "No shares on this server(s) though I know there is 14 of them.  Any ideas?

Also to note when I try to access the fileshareing application it spawns a page telling me there was a invalid value in the string (whaleshare) thought that was old IAG terminilogy but I have hit a cross road ehre and no luck. 

Anyone have some insight?

derek
    Friday, January 29, 2010 1:01 PM
  • Add the File Share app to the portal. Then activate the configuration. This will put all the TMG access rules in place to allow files shareing, then goto Admin->File Access->etc etc. Should now be able to see your domain. This is how I have mine working :)
    Monday, February 1, 2010 4:21 PM
  • I have added the file access app but when I click on this from inside the UAG portal I am getting an invalid URL error.  Some invesitgation mentioned a local path /whaleshare though this seems old IAG and I do not see anythign refrenced this path in the file access app but have no idea where its getting it from.

Ideas anyone?
    Monday, February 8, 2010 3:35 PM
  • Hi UAGAdmin,

I ran into the same error, here's what I did to solve the problem:

http://www.microsoftnow.com/2010/02/failed-to-enumerate-domains-error-while-configuring-file-access-in-uag.html

Hope this helps!

Shijaz Abdulla
    www.microsoftnow.com
    Friday, February 12, 2010 8:56 PM
  • Just to add;

If you come across the issue, where you are trying to switch on Network Discovery but it will not accept the change in “Advanced Sharing Settings”\Domain\Network Discovery

Make sure you have the following services enabled and running
    •Function Discovery Resource Publication
    •SSDP Discovery
    •UPnP Device Host

Monday, February 15, 2010 5:01 PM
  • Just to add, make sure you run through the TMG part of the setup.

if you cant see your Servers, Computers Under the Servers \ Network, you wont be able to see them in the UAG piece.

Once I had all this done, and I could see the Servers under Network, I could then configure the UAG File Access Piece, where you select your Domains, Servers, Shares etc
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 10:24 AM