Honestech vhh to dvd 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I recently installed this program on my computer, but the USB device is not being recognized.  I've downloaded the latest driver from their site and still nothing.  Has anyone else had this type of problem and or any solutions?

AB65

Saturday, December 29, 2007 4:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We do not recommend customer to run Microsoft Vista system which is upgrade from Windows XP.It may cause some other problems.

A clean installation(uninstall the previous system and then install Microsoft Vista) will be the better way to let Microsoft Vista system work normally.

So,you can test the software program on other computers running with Microsoft Vista to confirm that the software program is OK.And then re-install Microsoft Vista from the media.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Xiu Zhang - MSFT

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, January 7, 2008 8:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please ensure that this software program is compatible to Microsoft Vista system. I browse to the home page for “Honest Technology”( http://www.honestech.com/main/support_driver.asp )and find that some driver is only compatible to “Microsoft Vista 32-bit”. Also we suspect that the driver for USB device has not been installed properly or some other settings with it have been missed. If I have misunderstood the product, please feel free to let me know.

We recommend you to contact “Honest Technology” support first which would be the better relevant help to you.

User support

http://www.honestech.com/main/support_contact_for_support.asp

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Xiu Zhang - MSFT

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 10:08 AM
  • Hi,

I've been to the manufacturers website and have dowloaded the new drivers.  The drivers are supposed to be Vista compatible for a 32 bit system.  I have contacted the manufacturer of the software and according to them everything that I have been doing is correct.  I also purchased the same softeware for someone else and they are having no problems with it.  They have the same system as mine.  Could there be a conflict as my computer was originally purchased with XP and I upgraded to Vista?

Regards

Friday, January 4, 2008 1:55 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We do not recommend customer to run Microsoft Vista system which is upgrade from Windows XP.It may cause some other problems.

A clean installation(uninstall the previous system and then install Microsoft Vista) will be the better way to let Microsoft Vista system work normally.

So,you can test the software program on other computers running with Microsoft Vista to confirm that the software program is OK.And then re-install Microsoft Vista from the media.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Xiu Zhang - MSFT

Monday, January 7, 2008 8:53 AM