none
Dynamic Updating of Indicators based on Date RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have created Indicators based on Enterprise custom fields.

say for example, to track the projects from current day of calender , I have created an Enterprise custom field named 'Track' with Formula :

Iff(DateDiff("d", Now(), [Finish]) < 0, 1, 0)         

and I have Indicators defined as  

'equals 1 RED' and 'equals 0 GREEN'

ie., if the finish date is already over, then the indicator is RED else the indicator is GREEN.

I have added this indicator to the view of Project Summary.

But this works for the first time properly, but as the days pass by the indicators are not updating in the project center (eg. Finish date was yesterday, and if I check the Project center, the indicator still is Green). 

But if I go and edit the project, and then save and publish it, then only the indicator color changes to RED.

So until I edit the project the indicators are not showing me the changed color. 

Should I enable something to achieve this? 

Please help me on this.

Thanks,

Shanky

Monday, February 23, 2015 5:26 AM

Answers

• Hello, for the custom fields to update and calculate the project needs to be modified so what you are seeing is correct. To get dynamic indicators based on dates that don't require an update of project you could look at creating a report and do the date calculations in the report. Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

• Marked as answer by shankyshan Monday, February 23, 2015 9:52 AM
    Monday, February 23, 2015 8:18 AM