none
Modify Protection Group; Error ID 419 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

This is my first time posting so please bear with me.

Specs;

Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

System Center 2012 SP1, DPM

I am having issues modifying a protection group in every way. I cannot remove or add members to the group, and I cannot allocate more disk space for the replica or the recovery point volume. Every time I attempt to make a change to this particular group, the job fails and I am left with an Error 419, DPM could not set security permissions on the replica or recovery point volume that was created.

Error Details; Access denied

Recommended Action; Review the error details, take appropriate actin and retry the operation. 

Normally I would review the error and recommendations under the Monitoring section, and I would follow up with reviewing the Event Log as well, but I cannot find any logs anywhere for this particular error that would point me in the right direction. 

I did come across another TechNet article in which the answer provided was a "hardware issue", but that is such a vague response. 

Has anyone dealt with this before, or does anyone know where I can find a specific log that would give me some details to this specific "Access Denied" message? 

Also please note that I have 10 protection groups, and this one in particular is the only one not working. 

Friday, August 4, 2017 10:05 PM