CentOS 5.11 Veeam Backup Triggers The Error: Warning! Received an indication that the operating parameters on this target have changed. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello when I run a Veeam backup I am getting the following error messages thrown up on my CentOS 5.11 VMs console: 

"sd 1:0:1:0: Warning! Received an indication that the operating parameters on this target have changed. The Linux SCSI layer does not automatically adjust these parameters.

The full error in my /var/log/messages is:

"Nov 14 01:45:39 localhost kernel: storvsc: Current: sense key: Unit Attention
    Nov 14 01:45:39 localhost kernel:     Add. Sense: Changed operating definition
    Nov 14 01:45:39 localhost kernel:
    Nov 14 01:45:39 localhost kernel: sd 1:0:1:0: Warning! Received an indication that the operating parameters on this target have changed. The Linux SCSI layer does not automatically adjust these parameters."

My main question is are these errors something I should be worried about?

My VM configuration is as follows:

• CentOS 5.11 (with latest updates)
    • Kernel 2.6.18-407 (64 Bit)
    • LIS 4.0.11
    • FS: Ext3

• Edited by Zenith9000 Monday, November 16, 2015 3:01 PM
    Monday, November 16, 2015 5:56 AM

All replies

• In general, the warning message is not a fatal error and the operation should have completed. You should, of course, verify your backups by restoring them to a test machine or VM to make sure the backup is valid.

Thanks, --jrp

Joshua R. Poulson, Program Manager, Microsoft Open Source Technology Center

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 6:31 PM