CUCM 8.5 call from OCS SIP outgoing number does not translate. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a strange issue... our CUCM translate rules rewrite calls from OCS to appear as a specific DID. However these translate rules only work if the OCS user has a line URI defined.. If they don't the number does not apply. I know the OCS users are hitting the rule because if I set it to block it does.

Anyone else had this issue? I don't really want to define a line uri for every OCS user if I do not need to, we had not planned on needing inbound calling to the majority of users and outbound calling does work, however the default PRI line appears instead of the one in the translation rule.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If the CUCM Simultaneous Ring feature is used, and the caller has a Cisco Remote Destination Profile set up with their Office Communications Server line URI attribute in the “Destination Number” field, the caller’s number will be mapped to their corresponding Cisco line number.

You can refer the configuration about CUCM 7.1 integrate with OCS

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff926525.aspx

Another information about CUCM 8.5 for your reference.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/integration_notes/IntegrationNoteOCS_CUP70_MOCCallControl.pdf

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, May 20, 2011 1:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, May 20, 2011 12:29 PM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 7:11 AM
  • The problem actually appears to be how the CUCM handles SIP URIs that are names not numbers.... if the calling party has no phone number then their name is passed and the majority of call managers calling party masks are ignored.

After realizing that I had my direction a little backward on the Trunk Object on the CUCM, I setup the Trunk to trim 24 digits from the calling party and then prepend the number I wanted... This appears to work in most cases, however now all call logs in CUCM show OCS calls as one number with no detail.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:42 PM