none
Parallel execution of code in VB Script RRS feed

• Question

•  Now this is a VBScript code that I'm using to connect to multiple servers one by one & reading some vital information out from them. My code connects to one server does its job & then goto the next one. Can I make it like connect to all those ServerNames. Some how multiple threads one for each server name.
    yup
    • Moved by Riquel_DongModerator Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:41 AM VBScript issue (Moved from Visual Basic General to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Yup,

the simple answer is yes you can use multithreading to connect to all the servers simultaneously (did I spell the correctly? :) ), one way would be to create an array of backgroundWorker objects one for each server.  For an example of using the backgroundWorker check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.componentmodel.backgroundworker.aspx .  There are other examples available and the BGworker class, I find, is fairly simple to use.

Kind Regards

TSB

Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:02 PM
  • VB - its true.

But I'm not sure if this can be done in VB Script ?

yup
    Friday, January 30, 2009 10:04 AM
  • For VBA, Office (VSTO), Macros and VBScript Questions, read here.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:40 AM