Microsoft Hyper links not accessible RRS feed

• Question

• When attempting to launch a linked item message received " This operation has been canceled due to the restrictions in effect on this computer.  Please contact your system administrator."  This is occurring on my Lapt top.  One forum suggested that I add a new level in  the Regirty editor.  I attempted this and it did not work.  I then checked the existing settings on my lap top against those of my home desktop and they are the same excluding the suggested additional level.  I have since removed that suggested level as it did nothing for the situation. 

Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Also, please check the Applocker settings in GPO.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, August 2, 2011 9:37 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 9:04 AM
  • Hi,

All right, Please view the video in the following link.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd320283 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:03 AM

All replies

• Click Start, Default Programs
    Click Set your default programs 
    Select your web browser (IE?) from the list 
    Click Set this program as default 
    Click OK
    That should take care of the hyperlink issue.

Ramesh Srinivasan | The Winhelponline Blog
    Microsoft MVP, Windows Desktop Experience
    Friday, July 22, 2011 10:12 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Also, please check the Applocker settings in GPO.

Monday, July 25, 2011 9:04 AM
  • This was already done and the issue still exists
    Monday, July 25, 2011 1:17 PM
  • Where is Applocker?  and what is GPO?
    Monday, July 25, 2011 1:17 PM
  • Hi,

All right, Please view the video in the following link.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd320283 

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:03 AM