none
DPM 2010 Recoverable Items Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Hopefully someone seen this issue before - i'd appreciate any assistance.

I got 3 databases I'm backing up with DPM now. 

When I go to Recovery and select each DB under All Protected Exchange Data - I see the Recoverable Items in the lower right pane. So my question is:

For 2 of my protected DBs i only see a FULL Database as a Recoverable Item, but for the other one - I see individual mailboxes as Recoverable Items. What is the difference? How can i set the protection up so that I see the individual mailboxes in my other 2 DBs?

Thank you!

KK

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue can occur after renaming the storage group or mailbox database in Exchange management, the VSS writers are update but the DPMDB is not.  The Caption header for the storage group or mailbox database is different then what is in the exchange management console.

Renaming the storage group or mailbox database while being actively protected by DPM 2007 / DPM 2010 is not recommended.

This issue is fixed in DPM 2012.  See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh757927.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, April 27, 2012 3:59 PM