locked
Question Signs appear in outlook "From" field RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello guys,

    First of all, I don't think this question refers to MS Outlook section. :)

    --

    I have a document library and a document called "Test.doc" in it. After configuring sending alerts on document changes and making some changes to it, I got an e-mail notification which had sevesn question signs in it title - "???????". I thought, it could be caused by russian letters somewhere at portal, but the problem did not dissappear after renaming doc lib and file in english.

    So, when I create an alert, a notification sent and it looks like:

    "From: SiteName [mailto:outgoing@email.com]"

    But if some changes made to the library or to the item, notification looks like:

    "From: ??????? [mailto:outgoingl@email.com]"

    I don't have any ideas, how to deal with it.. 

    Please help.


    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:18 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Thank you for your post.
    I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Emir


    Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:09 AM
  • Thank you, Emir Liu!

    I will be patiently waiting for this someone. :)

    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:16 AM
  • I presume this is for SharePoint 2010. You may want to check the outgoing e-mail settings separately for the web application. Go to Central Admin -> Application Management -> Manage web applications -> General Settings -> Outgoing E-mail to verify.

    Just ensure the value you see in this dialog is correct.

    Friday, April 26, 2013 12:05 PM
  • Hi,

    Check AD when you create an email address on document library, the same should be stamped into AD contacts. Check display name of the created contact in AD


    Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:45 AM
  • Pratik, AD was the first thing I checked and there is a correct name in DisplayName field...

    Vjwilliam, I've checked outgoing e-mail settings once again and made sure that there is everything correct... I even tried to switch character set between windows-1251 and utf-8, but without any result...

    Friday, May 3, 2013 7:27 AM
  • I would suggest you to open a support case with the Microsoft SharePoint Support team. An engineer would then be assigned to work with you and investigate the issue. The engineer would also have the scope to collect logs from your environment prior active troubleshooting.
    Monday, May 6, 2013 11:33 AM