Windows Live Essentials RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Vaio which originally had Window 7 Professional installed.

I could not get Acrobat to open files online; I followed recommendations from a Forum and it worked;

However I must have made a wrong manipulation, and I lost Windows Mail.

Could no longer install it because it says: UXCore.dll file missing.

So I upgraded my system to Windows 7 Ultimate hoping this will restore my window 7 and windows essentials (Mail).

Subsequently tried to reinstall Windows Live Essentials; computer says it is installed, but impossible to find on computer and cannot get Live Mail to work!!

I would appreciate HELP

Thursday, September 1, 2011 6:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Taipan

Unfortunately Windows Mail is deprecated on Windows 7. If you're referring to Windows Live Mail, it's a separate download. For full details check out this link:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprogeneral/thread/db2f4aee-0024-4e92-83a6-b1604214d6ba

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:29 AM
    Friday, September 2, 2011 6:06 AM
  • I 'also' started to have issues with Windows Live Mail and use Thunderbird now. I had problems even UN-installing WLE....
    If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal.
    Friday, September 2, 2011 2:28 PM
  • Windows Live Essentials have multiple components that require user opt-in during installation. It may be that you may have overlooked checking the Windows Live Mail checkbox during the WLE setup. I would suggest you to re-run the WLE setup again and ensure you check only Windows Live Mail this time.

After the installation succeeds, you just have to look in to the All Programs and it should be there. In case it isn't, type Windows Live Mail in the Start search box and it'll show up. Please revert back here is this does not resolve your issue. Hope it helps!

Kunal D Mehta - a Windows Server Enthusiast | My first TechNet Wiki Article
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 8:53 PM