Screen Eye Pain RRS feed

• Question

• Dealing with ergonomics...i have no plans on buying a wireless mouse & KB & laptop holder yet.

Electromagnetic radiation is hurting my eyes.  I'm sure most of it is coming from the screen (i'm using a new laptop). 

1.  Could enough heat from the base laptop cause stress to my eyes? 

2.  How should I look at the screen? 

3.  I have eye glasses, does it stop radiation or magnify it?!  Contact lenses?

I turned down the brightness to acceptable (easily readable still).  I put the fonts & icons huge. 

1.  Which video resolution will cause less radiation  and why? 

2.  What video card other settings should I change?

Thanks.

Friday, June 22, 2007 12:20 PM

All replies

•                                    SUNGLASSES?
    Friday, June 22, 2007 12:32 PM
  • Would a laptop be used with the power cable disconnected from battery-drive?

Then when it approaches 15% it should be reconnected to recharge.

I pulled out a older laptop sitting in a storage bin for 1+ year, it is nice, cool, warm, noise-less, quiet.

The newer laptop plugged into a power cable for 1+ year is opposite, i suddenly noticed after using my older laptop, & then again reusing the newer one.

Both are HP. I am fairly satisfied with both HP laptops.

The results are startling and disappointing.

Friday, April 10, 2020 2:18 PM
  • It could be glossy vs. matte screen issue. Matte screens typically don't emit as much light and reflect less (less you in the screen's reflection). You could try adjusting the brightness on the newer glossy display but in the future, a matte display might be the way to go for you. 

edit. Wow, this thread started in 2007.

Seth

A user just like you

• Edited by SethWH Friday, April 10, 2020 2:29 PM wrong word.
    Friday, April 10, 2020 2:27 PM
  • My screen brightness was always low to medium. It just appears like the machine heats up in the inside when repeatedly hooked to a charger perhaps with noise (white?) but on the outside (when you touch it) it is pretty normal. Not to sure what is going on in there. Maybe someone knows. I keep the laptop at a fine distance from me too. There is some wise 20-20-20 rule I received in email but forgot and didn't pay attention to for maintaining health.

No one uses a IPad with it hooked to a charger. Same a cell phone. Same your Ipod. What gives?!

Friday, April 10, 2020 7:59 PM
  • Thirteen years on and you are still incapable of seeing the blindingly obvious.

Batteries heat up while charging.

Friday, April 10, 2020 8:33 PM