none
Advanced Threat Protection problems RRS feed

• Question

• I recently purchased the Advanced Threat protection (ATP) via my O365 Business Essential account. However, I still cannot send encrypted email from my Business Essentials email as the "Encrypt" icon that is seen on the new message and reply screen is "greyed out" and cannot be clicked on.  However, I also have a personal O365 account that now allows me to encrypted email from it (it is a Hotmail account).  Somehow the ATP subscription I purchased for my O365 Business Essentials email account seems to have been activated on my personal O365 account.  I have reached out to Microsoft Support but the Engineer assigned to my ticket is not in my country, let alone time zone, and has attempted to contact me on 2 occasions WELL after business hours (11:30 pm & 12:30 am, both ET USA).  I need help on getting the purchased ATP subscription working on my O365 Business Essentials account and NOT on my personal O365 account.

Thursday, February 7, 2019 12:20 AM

All replies

• I recently purchased the Advanced Threat protection (ATP) via my O365 Business Essential account. However, I still cannot send encrypted email from my Business Essentials email as the "Encrypt" icon that is seen on the new message and reply screen is "greyed out" and cannot be clicked on.  However, I also have a personal O365 account that now allows me to encrypted email from it (it is a Hotmail account).  Somehow the ATP subscription I purchased for my O365 Business Essentials email account seems to have been activated on my personal O365 account.  I have reached out to Microsoft Support but the Engineer assigned to my ticket is not in my country, let alone time zone, and has attempted to contact me on 2 occasions WELL after business hours (11:30 pm & 12:30 am, both ET USA).  I need help on getting the purchased ATP subscription working on my O365 Business Essentials account and NOT on my personal O365 account.

ATP isnt the same as encryption. 
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/securitycompliance/ome-faq

• Office 365 Message Encryption is offered as part of Office 365 E3 and E5, Microsoft E3 and E5, Office 365 A1, A3, and A5, and Office 365 G3 and G5. Customers do not need additional licenses to receive the new protection capabilities powered by Azure Information Protection.

• You can also add Azure Information Protection Plan 1 to the following plans to receive the new Office 365 Message Encryption capabilities: Exchange Online Plan 1, Exchange Online Plan 2, Office 365 F1, Office 365 Business Essentials, Office 365 Business Premium, or Office 365 Enterprise E1.

Your hotmail account is different. Encryption is provided there

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/learn-about-encrypted-messages-in-outlook-com-3521aa01-77e3-4cfd-8a13-299eb60b1957?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Thursday, February 7, 2019 1:38 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:42 AM