none
Query System Services RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to SCM so I apologize if this is common knowledge.

I noticed that in the baselines it shows system services however the LocalGPO tool is not querying these System services on machines.

Anyone know of a way of being able to have SCM scan these and compare them against the baselines?

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:15 PM

Answers

• Khab;

The LocalGPO tool literally copies from the Local GPO, settings that aren't stored in the Local GPO are not included in the GPO backups created by our tool. that means that administrative template settings applied via domain-based group policy aren't included and neither are the system services. I do see how adding this to the tool could be valuable, I'll add it to the list of potential changes for the next version but I have no idea when we'll start working on the next version much less when it will be available for download.

Kurt

Kurt Dillard http://www.kurtdillard.com
    • Proposed as answer by Kurt DillardModerator Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by KHab4182 Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:52 PM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:37 PM

All replies

• Khab;

The LocalGPO tool literally copies from the Local GPO, settings that aren't stored in the Local GPO are not included in the GPO backups created by our tool. that means that administrative template settings applied via domain-based group policy aren't included and neither are the system services. I do see how adding this to the tool could be valuable, I'll add it to the list of potential changes for the next version but I have no idea when we'll start working on the next version much less when it will be available for download.

Kurt

Kurt Dillard http://www.kurtdillard.com
    • Proposed as answer by Kurt DillardModerator Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by KHab4182 Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:52 PM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:37 PM
  • Thank you sir for the information!
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:52 PM